Sunday, April 26, 2020

Wow... a month... what a difference... 05/23/2010

(( these are being republished, they're out of order.  Somehow, the database got corrupted and unpublished a bunch of my posts -- this one's 05/23/2010))

I don't even know where to begin.
Firstly, I now have roommates...

My gf moved in about two weeks ago; and that's been EXTREMELY hectic. Among other things, we had to get her out of her existing apartment; and coordinate what stuff to keep, what to sell, and what to donate. So, she had two/three weekends of garage sale, plus CraigsList adverts, and did unload a lot of stuff. (She also disposed of things of mine which I also wanted gone)...

Including helping me organise and get tranferred my ex's stuff (fiance from 4 years ago) out of my garage and basement. That was a interesting project (and there's still more!) Ex, didn't mind much except she had a real problem with my timing... but I've been warning her for about 6 months, so she shouldn't have used profanity on me... !@@#)(@#!~ But, because she's still a valued friend (even if she doesn't think so); I just gave her some room to vent and then continued asking for her cooperation.
So, about 10 cu ft plus of stuff... gone.

Then, started moving my basement lab into the garage (to clear space), and then my downstairs office into the basement (and yes, here in CALI we do occasionally have basements, so don't ping me on it)... Pictures of before will be attached. Soon. Real SOON now...

So, we cleared the downstairs room, put my living room futon / couch in it; and rented it to a CSUN kid... (adult, but compared to (us)... GRIN)... He's quiet. VERY quiet... and about 6'2" or 6'3" of kid... still in pizza mode; but that works.

ooo

Now I just have to reorganise my office down here; (it's still mostly theoretical), but I have computers up again... and my desk. Can't work tech, but still...

I wouldn't have done it. Period. (and it was my idea).

But...

No comments: