Sunday, April 26, 2020

And yet... 1/23/11

(( these are being republished, they're out of order.  Somehow, the database got corrupted and unpublished a bunch of my posts -- this one's 1/23/11))

And my ability to land jobs where they don't actually pay is apparently still in force.

Round 1: Now, iTek****; where the promises are long and the checks... are non-existent.

Really good air, though.  Just all not real and as usual; that means I don't get PAID.

Round 2: So two of my roommates are having issues and now I have to troll for new ones.

One has anger-management problems; and she screams at everybody for everything; and it's all I can do to not react.  She doesn't even have a rental agreement or a lease; because she's a sublet of the other roommate.  "And she's not going to move until she's good and ready"...   when alcohol fueled, she's a terror...
I've got to get better background checks.  OR at least use them.  She even screams at the downstairs guy, who's about as non-confrontational as you can get.  I'm used to getting screamed at; it goes with the territory.

And she's a slob..  and I'm big on not letting dishes and suchlike accumulate in the rooms; because no-one else can use the stuff while you're not cleaning it...  she doesn't get it.  Reminds me of my first roommates; who used to have contests to see who could stand the filth in the kitchen (I'm not cleaning it up... you clean it up)...  BORING...

The other roommate, not wanting to deal with the attendant bullshit; has decided to move.  To Hollywood, where she can be closer to *school* and the area she really wants to be in ( she doesn't have a car).  "but you don't mind if I don't pay last month, and just use up my security deposit?... right?"  --- Security deposit is supposed to be for cleaning and replacement of broken fixtures, and we're already on the hook for a replaced toilet and green spray paint (wtf?) on the walls.

Neither one gets it.  I'm not keeping the anger-chick because she can't afford the room (imagine that), and the other one is Casper -- on her way to Hollywood. And she's not changing her mind AFAIK,

Pity.  If ...
Yay.

Now I need to find new roommates.

No comments: