Sunday, August 7, 2011

One of the basic *laws* of the universe: “A politician will write a law that will create more harm than good”. With the best of intentions…

  1. Because of the tremendous amount of male-female spousal abuse in this country; we have a law in California that says if the couple (defined as ANYONE M-F having Sex or having had Sex in the past), then the male MUST leave.  It doesn’t matter if it’s his house or not, if she’s a owner or not.  (Because the cops would come, see “nothing” happening, then leave… and the husband/boyfriend/fucktoy would beat/kill the woman…)
  2. So the cops had their discretionary choice legislated away; and by POLICY the LAPD cannot leave me in my home if a gal says (a) we’ve had sex, and (b) I’ve harmed her or she fears that I’d harm her. 
  3. (I think that’s taking away the role that a live police officer is supposed to play…)
  4. Because tenant rights have gone so extreme in thefavor of the tenant, (because of rampant abuse by landlords)… evicting a non-paying tenant is extremely difficult and time consuming. Even in your own home.
  5. IT almost makes it not worth it…
  6. I’m a firm believer in love, romance and the American dream… white picket fence, etcetera.  However, I’m currently suffering from the Nightmare version; (Elm street complete with Freddy), because it turns out that I can’t get or keep a job.  Some of that HAS to be my fault; but the rest is definitely the economy. 
  7. I can get work as a consultant, but only in “emergency” terms, and only on stuff that I’m subject matter expert.  Nothing current or new, because no company will pay for that.  So, over time I have to reinvest in myself… and it’s hard to have street credibility doing commercial work in a area without someone PAYING you for the work…
  8. Which leads me back to 1,2,3…  I need renters to help pay the mortgage; but (with very FEW exceptions) they CANNOT be someone I’ve dated or am dating…

 And... I might add, that takes all the fun out of the desperation of the current economy.

Yay. 

No comments: