Thursday, August 11, 2011

Desperation

Desperation is a self-fulfilling prophesy.  Fear of failure affects performance and that creates a feedback loop.

First I have too many roommates.
Then I have too few; and the remaining one wasn't paying full fare.

So, he's gone.

I replace him with a new guy... and he's apparently unreliable. He's moving out already after less than a month in search of the BBD (bigger-better-deal), closer to his work by a couple miles.  I can't fault him, but his timing...

And I just got a temp roommate downstairs (who shows all sorts of signs of being flakey), and she's only here until the end of the month.  (Can't afford it and it's too far from downtown, plus she has 5 cats!)

And I just sent off emails to 5 prospective tenants, saying that I'm all booked until the end of the month.

Fabulous.


No comments: