Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ouch (or I hate it when it goes like that)

Well, that was fun. I just had *the* conversation with my friend who was my girlfriend. Seems we didn't work out; different goals, different life plans; just not *compatible*. I think I screwed up...

I wish her well, but it still hurts; I wish I didn't see it coming. I keep hoping to do better. I think there is a reason for all those "apocryphal" stories about old batchelors and maids... perhaps some truth after all.

There's a quote floating around in my head; which I will butcher. (And no, I don't remember where it's from... but I'm pretty sure it's been out there a while, and I'm certain I didn't come up with it):

"Ghosts are the memories of past regret". And damm, I'm feeling it.

Remember when you were 20 and *anything* was possible, only believe...

No comments: