Saturday, July 13, 2024

Relationships

 I have this very dear friend (ex-girlfriend) who wants to kill herself.  She states that the only thing keeping her here is that she has cockatiels to care for).  When they are gone, so goeth she.  She looks forward to death,. and tells me this during many of our conversations.  We haven't dated in at least 12 years, but she is exceptional as a person.  And yet, I cannot convince her to change that position.

When I propose marriage to her (mostly to lift her spirits) she laughs and says I don't make enough money.  She's s VERY Japanese that way... her parents survived the internment camps during WWII.  Besides the fact that I don't share all my asset info with her (because), and I cannot just show her a really large bankroll, I am not considered.  That in fact is probably better since we'd clash if we actually lived together.  Not saying she's opinionated or anything.

But, I am older and somewhat set in my ways.  After all, I have survived this long, haven't I?

She always says that she looks forward to not being here.  And I can do nothing.


No comments: