Sunday, March 7, 2021

And it continues, the bad debt moves to Washington State

 You know, the person who borrowed money and did not repay it; had shown her true colors; and yet... the two other folk who are involved are no longer interested in talking to her and all three of the folk (including another close friend of mine) will not take her calls.

I still answer occasionally, but I also keep hoping for a miracle that I know will never occur.

Optimist by policy, I think.

Her ex-boyfriend (I think) gave her a one-way ticket to somewhere in Washington, and that is where she sits... on some form of assistance in an apartment/room/house ??? and even secured a car to drive.  Proof positive that she still knows how to work the system; no matter how crazy train the rest of her interactions are.  (Voice... I hear voices I tell you).

I know she's "ill" and some/all of this isn't her fault; but it is hard to forgive and forget when she will acknowledge the debt and still has no plans to pay it back... and never will.

"Hello, my name is ... and I've been grifted"... 
"Hello ..., welcome to 12 steps to not being a mark. (again)."

Life.

Meanwhile, the three roommates with priors (alcohol, drugs) before her most recent interaction are ghosts.  I think that is a good thing.  I keep telling myself that.

*** You know that any conversation I have in my head, playing "what I would say" ... goes badly.***

Always.

No comments: